Posts Tagged ‘child custody lawyer’

Indiana Divorce – Provisional Orders

In Indiana, after a petition for dissolution of marriage is filed the court will typically hold a provisional hearing.  A provisional hearing is a hearing to set temporary orders.  A provisional hearing is authorized under Indiana Code 31-15-4,  where either party can ask the court to make temporary determinations as…

Relocating with Children in Indiana

  • August 29th, 2016
  • Chris Bandemer
  • Comments Off on Relocating with Children in Indiana

If you have a custody order (paternity or decree of dissolution) in Indiana and you want to move (i.e. relocate) then you must comply with Indiana Code 31-17-2.2 .  which states that 90 days prior to a move the relocating party must notify the court and the non-relocating party…